Dealing with drain-related issues, such as a clogged sink to a toilet blockage, can be a chore for any homeowner. They can also lead to other more serious problems if left unattended, so it is best to nip any signs of trouble in the bud.
There are some drain troubles that you may be able to deal with yourself. For instance, if your sink is draining slowly, pouring some drain cleaning solution down it may resolve the issue. However, we’d recommend leaving more serious issues to the professionals.
If you’re looking for a little bit of professional assistance, reach out to local drainage specialists who can help. Drainage professionals will be fully trained in the installation, maintenance and repair of drains. They also offer drain cleaning services and often carry out sewer repair and sewer maintenance.
Want to know more about how a drainage professional could help you? Read on to find out more about some of the most common services they offer:
Drain CCTV surveys
Drain CCTV surveys are one of the most helpful services that a drainage professional can offer. This involves using CCTV survey tools to take pictures of the inside of your drainage pipe to work out what the issue is. Before this solution, drainage specialists would need to work out what was wrong with a blocked pipe using just their own knowledge and experience. Now, they can get clear images of the interior of the pipe and analyse the root cause of the problem.
So, what does this mean for the customer? It saves you from having to endure drain excavation. The drainage contractors will be able to work on and offer a solution without needing to excavate.
If a survey reveals that your drain pipes are cracked or broken, there are two potential solutions. You can either get the damaged area replaced, or you could get the drain relined. Drain lining repair involves minimal excavation and allows the drainage professional to carry out the repair without much disruption. This makes the entire process of repair much more convenient and less of a hassle for you.
During this process, the drainage specialist will reline the damaged section of the pipe with a resin liner. This will bond to the pipe and set. The drain will then resume operations with no issues.
Sewer repair and maintenance
Trust us, you don’t want to face sewer problems without the help of a professional. Seek out a reliable drainage professional in your area. As your sewer system is hard at work moving waste out of your property every day, it is bound to run into issues from time to time. With the contact of a local drainage contractor, you can get immediate help so your household doesn’t have to deal with the consequences of a broken down sewer system.
Get your sewer repaired and maintained by a skilled drain professional. They will have the experience and expertise to find the source of any blockage. Not only can they carry out repairs but you can also hire them for sewer maintenance. We’d recommend getting regular sewer maintenance so your pipes are functioning well throughout the year.
Take preventative action by booking a drain maintenance service. Your local drainage professional will be able to detect any issues before they escalate and lead to the need for repairs. During this check, trained specialists will be able to look for signs of any problems that could result in further damage. If they do spot any issues, they will be able to recommend the best solution.
You can schedule drain maintenance checks as often as you like, but we’d recommend twice a year for residential properties and more frequently for larger commercial properties. Be proactive and book a regular drain maintenance appointment.
Clearing drain blockages
Another service offered by residential and commercial drainage contractors is unblocking clogged drains. As your drains are in active use every day, it’s easy for them to become clogged.
Some of the common reasons for drain blockages include:
- Hair - this is common in shower drains
- Food waste - fats and grease can easily block your kitchen drain
- Tissue paper or wet wipes - these are some of the most common causes for clogged toilets
- Build up of minerals, dirt or soap
Although there are products available to help unblock clogged drains, these don’t always work with stubborn waste that isn’t as easy to dislodge. Hire a professional to carry out a drain unblocking and cleaning service. They will have the equipment needed to get the job done, as well as the expertise to ensure that all waste and debris is eliminated for your drain to run efficiently. They will be experienced in dealing with some of the toughest culprits such as greasy food waste and fat removal.
Drain blocking can be done through the process of drain jetting. This involves a professional spraying water down the drain at high pressure. This is usually very effective at removing any waste and debris that is clogging up the pipe. Keep in mind that using physical objects to try and remove a clog can damage the inside of the pipes, so this job is best left to the professionals. The best part? Drain jetting can unclog and clean pipes at the same time.
What are the key reasons to turn to a drainage professional?
- One of the main reasons to hire a professional is so that you don’t risk further escalation of the issue by attempting to fix it yourself. When it comes to more serious matters such as broken pipes or drain repairs, the damage caused by a DIY solution could be extensive. For instance, a burst pipe can lead to considerable water damage in your home. Get in touch with local drainage professionals to help you with any of the jobs above.
- Another reason to hire a professional drainage contractor is for safety purposes. Drainage isn’t easy to navigate, especially without the necessary training. If either your pipes or the sewage system isn’t handled with care, it could be dangerous not just for your property but for members of your household. Other than leaking pipes which could result in dampness, an overfilled septic tank could contaminate the water flowing within the pipes into your home. Drainage professionals will ensure none of these issues occur so you can maintain a healthy environment for your family.
- Finally, a professional will have the necessary equipment to carry out the job. Drainage experts are now using cutting edge technology to deal with issues. For instance, CCTV cameras enable them to get to the root of the issue quickly. If you attempt to fix your drain yourself, you could wreak further havoc with DIY equipment that simply isn’t up to the task.
At Drainage Consultants, we have a team of professionals with the right tools and expertise to get to the root of any drain related problem. Whether you need to resolve a simple problem such a blocked sink or you need a full-blown drain replacement, we can help. Our team will ensure that all repairs are carried out effectively without the risk of any further damage.
For more information about our services or for a free consultation, get in touch with us today.